FD 90 Glazing System
Pyroglaze 90 seals are manufactured of pvc encapsulated strips of intumescent and provide proven 90 minute protection in glazed doors with single vision panels.
In the event of fire, the intumescent swells to provide an effective seal within the glazing pocket and also reduces the risk of premature ignition of the glazing beads on the protected face.
The system is easily installed and can be used with suitable FD90 door cores and 10mm Pyrodur glass.
Features and Benefits
- Tested in conjunction with 10mm Pyrodur glass and FD90 fire door cores
- Successfully tested to BS476 Parts 20-22 1987
- Choice of standard colours – white, light brown, dark brown and black
- Pyroglaze 90 is manufactured as 30mm x 8mm. Supplied in standard lengths of 2100mm. Available in non-standard lengths up to 3m
- Pyroglaze 90 requires the use of Pyrostrip 100 ECSA at 63mm x 2mm to line all four sides of the glazed aperture
- Dry glazing system, no cleaning down after installation
- Available as separate component or as part of a complete glazed system, please contact our technical department for a full specification
Pyroglaze 90 seals comprise of self-adhesive rigid pvc encapsulated intumescent strips. It combines two types of intumescent: Interdens MAP material and our own unique glazing grade of graphite based material to provide fire protection in excess of 90 minutes.
Pyroglaze 90 seals are easily located between the fire resistant glass and untreated timber glazing beads. The system requires the glazed aperture to be lined on all four sides with Pyrostrip 63mm x 2mm 100ECSA.
The high-performance intumescent core will swell when subjected to a fully developed fire. This provides an effective seal within the glazing pocket and reduces the risk of premature ignition of glazing beads on the protected face.
Pyroglaze 90 seals can be used for glazing fire resisting doors requiring 90 minutes protection. For a full specification contact our Technical Department.
Pyroglaze 90 is suitable for internal and external applications where a high level of protection is required and provides a more aesthetically pleasing appearance than steel bead glazing systems.
For external applications the glazing should be capped to ensure the system is sealed against climatic conditions. (Please refer to BS 8000.)
Pyroglaze 90 seals have been successfully fire tested and assessed to BS476 Parts 20-22 1987 using 10mm Pyrodur. Please contact us for full details.
When installing Pyroglaze 90 as part of a vision panel in a FD90 fire door, all timber must
have a minimum density of 650kg/m3 and a moisture content of approximately 10%.
The geometry of the glazing bead should match the drawings shown here. For a full specification contact our Technical Department.
Pyroglaze 90 is fitted to the glazing beads by peeling off the release paper on the self adhesive face of the strip and bonding into position.
Glazing beads should be secured using 5 x 70mm long steel screws at 100mm centres. The fixings should be splayed to pass under the glass as shown in the diagram opposite.