FD 30 Glazing System
Pyroglaze 30 seals are self-adhesive, pvc encapsulated strips of intumescent and provide proven 30 minute protection for glazed doors, screens and partitions.
In the event of fire, the intumescent swells to form a seal within the glazing pocket and also reduces the risk of premature ignition of the glazing beads on the protected face.
The system is easily installed and suitable for any shape of aperture as well as larger glazed panels.
- Tested in conjunction with a wide variety of glasses to include both integrity (E) and integrity/insulation (EI) glass types
- Successfully assessed by numerous UK and international testing centres
- Can be used with either softwood or hardwood systems
- Standard colours – white, brown, dark brown, black, slate grey and cream
- Non-standard colours available on request.
- Pyroglaze 30 is manufactured as 10mm x 3mm
- Standard length – 2100mm
- Non-standard lengths up to 3m available on request
- Dry glazing system, no cleaning down after installation
Pyroglaze 30 seals comprise of self-adhesive semi-rigid pvc encapsulated strips, which are easily located between a fire resisting glass and untreated timber glazing beads. The system is simple, quick and clean and needs no cleaning down after installation.
Pyroglaze 30 seals have been fire tested/assessed in accordance with BS 476 Part 22 in conjunction with numerous glasses, for full details contact our Technical Department.
When subjected to a fully developed fire situation, the intumescent core swells to provide an effective seal within the glazing pocket, and also reduces the risk of premature ignition of the glazing beads on the protected face.
Pyroglaze 30 seals can be used for glazing fire resisting screens, partitions, and fire rated doors.
When constructing glazed screens, all timber must have a density of approximately 650 kg/cu. Mtr.
The geometry of the glazing beads depends on the glass type. Our Technical Department can provide full information on request.
Mainframes should be securely fixed to the structure and then stopped using the following alternatives:- Pyromas A (10mm deep), 2No. Pyrostrip 500 PSA 20mm x 4mm, or Pyrospan.
Pyroglaze 30 is fitted to the glazing beads by pealing off the release paper on the self-adhesive face of the strip and bonding into position.
Glazing beads should be secured into position using either 38mm long steel screws or pins at 200mm centres. In both cases, the fixings should be splayed to pass underneath the glass.